We, (Sheffield Flourish) built this website to help local people easily find accurate information about mental health in our city. It’s designed to help Sheffield folk navigate the highs and lows of life, whether they have a diagnosis or are just having a difficult day.
The website has three main sections.
- In Support you can find out about national, local, and online services, organisations and groups.
- In Information you can find out more about different mental health conditions. We also provide specific information on aspects of life which are related to mental health. These include subjects like like caring, work and stress.
- If you want to get out and about check out our Activities section.
In News, we share what we’re up to, and what’s happening in the Sheffield mental health scene.
Finally, we’ve got a special section on Wellbeing, which includes techniques you can use which may make you feel better.
The website was built for Sheffield people, by Sheffield people.
It is facilitated by us at Sheffield Flourish. We’re a mental health charity committed to making the most of the talent, insight and skills of people living with mental health conditions.
When we were building the website:
- We started by asking the public to let us know what they wanted from the website
- We recruited a Digital Steering Group to help us.
- Our Steering Group worked with us on a voluntary basis to co-produce the website, and have given advice every step of the way – from design to content.
- We kept asking the public what they thought whenever we could
- We’re really proud of the result of this co-production process and we’d love to know what you think.
We are funded by Sheffield City Council
The Sheffield Mental Health Guide was first built as a website by the lovely people at Sheffield Mind. Once upon a time, it was printed in paper form, called the Smooth Guide. Sheffield Flourish started delivering the website and project in April 2017. If you’d like to know more, check out the Sheffield Flourish website, our terms and conditions, or get in touch.